Unclaimed Property
CollegeCounts 529 
Bond Division
Cash Management 
Financial Literacy
State Checks and Tax Refunds
Alabama Trust Fund
Penny Trust Fund
Public Meeting Notices
Requests for Proposals

How to find information on state-issued checks, tax refunds and more

The Office of State Treasurer receives a number of phone calls and e-mails about state-issued checks (also known as warrants), child support payments, tax refunds and other tax-related topics. However, the State Treasury does not handle these matters. 

Contact information is provided here to help you find the appropriate office so you can get answers to your questions in a timely manner.

Questions about state-issued checks*:

State Comptroller's Office
(334) 242-7063

*Please note if you are requesting a copy of a warrant, call (334) 242-7156 or (334) 242-7510.

Questions about child support payments:

Department of Human Resources (DHR) 
Public Assistance
(334) 242-9485


Questions about taxes and tax refunds:

Alabama Department of Revenue
(334) 242-1099



About Young Boozer       Contact       Home       Alabama.gov